Surrogacy in India Forum: Pea in an Indian Pod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Surrogacy in India Forum: Pea in an Indian Pod

This forum is now INACTIVE due to the dangers of doing surrogacy in India. We have left the General Process and New Delhi topics for public view to warn others of the corruption and lies that can occur with some doctors in India.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In cases of Donor Egg - Who's name on birth certificate?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rjc0704

In cases of Donor Egg - Who's name on birth certificate? Empty
PostSubject: In cases of Donor Egg - Who's name on birth certificate?   In cases of Donor Egg - Who's name on birth certificate? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 3:20 pm

Surrogate cycle: I've read that the biological parent(s) name will be on the birth certficate. So in the case of donor eggs and my husband's sperm, only his name will be on the birth certificate? Does that mean he has to travel home with baby? Does this mean I should legally adopt the baby when we come home to the US? I have heard of mothers in these cases coming back to USA and legally adopting the child, for both legal reasons and for also the adoption tax credit.

Does anyone know anything about this?
Back to top Go down
sMiles
Admin

In cases of Donor Egg - Who's name on birth certificate? Empty
PostSubject: Re: In cases of Donor Egg - Who's name on birth certificate?   In cases of Donor Egg - Who's name on birth certificate? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 5:38 pm

Whether you are biologically tied to the donor egg or not, your name is placed on the birth certificate. Both Intended Parents are placed on the birth certificate and there is a form filled out after the birth of the child. Your Indian lawyer or clinic rep will give you this form and then it is sent to the municipal authority and you will get the official birth certificate within 3-5 days. It's pretty easy, so long as your husband is a U.S. citizen, as at least one biological parent has to be a U.S. citizen to give the baby U.S. citizenship. Otherwise, you better hope that the embassy isn't requiring a DNA test, which they do in some cases (especially if the couple has different citizenships). Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down

In cases of Donor Egg - Who's name on birth certificate?
Page 1 of 1