Surrogacy in India Forum: Pea in an Indian Pod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Surrogacy in India Forum: Pea in an Indian Pod

This forum is now INACTIVE due to the dangers of doing surrogacy in India. We have left the General Process and New Delhi topics for public view to warn others of the corruption and lies that can occur with some doctors in India.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DYI or Agency? Please share your opinions/experiences with this newbie

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rjc0704

DYI or Agency?  Please share your opinions/experiences with this newbie Empty
PostSubject: DYI or Agency? Please share your opinions/experiences with this newbie   DYI or Agency?  Please share your opinions/experiences with this newbie Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:21 pm

We are currently on a no obligation wait list with an agency. Decided to continue researching as we are newbies. We were recently burned by our IVF clinic in the states...both verbally and contractually, which cost us some cash and definately created some major trust issues.

I know that it is significanlty cheaper to work through a clinic, but that you don't get the guidence an agency will give you. Not sure if we need that or not....How hard is it do to it yourself, in terms of the legal stuff. Not really concerned about travel/accomodations, just the legal stuff.

Also, we will be needing donor egg, but prefer cauc donor, so I'm not sure if we would be better off working through an agency with in-house donors.

What would your advice be for us?
Back to top Go down
sMiles
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DYI or Agency? Please share your opinions/experiences with this newbie   DYI or Agency?  Please share your opinions/experiences with this newbie Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 8:02 pm

Honestly, with the help of this board and other IPs doing surrogacy in India, I think you can handle going directly to the clinic. If you do decide to go with an agency, make sure you call the references and really get a good feel for the agents. If you feel comfortable and have the means, go for what is best to you! Much luck and happiness!!!
Back to top Go down
rjc0704

PostSubject: Re: DYI or Agency? Please share your opinions/experiences with this newbie   DYI or Agency?  Please share your opinions/experiences with this newbie Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 8:41 pm

I wondered if we could go it alone, but really only the legal stuff is intimidating. Plus we want to use a cauc donor. So I'm not sure what our options would be.

I am definately comfortable with the agency. I have become friends with couples who have baby or are still in process and they highly highly recommend them, even those who had no success are still recommending them. I have also been asked by this agency if ABC news and also a 2nd network could follow our journey. I am hesitant about that, but at the same time, feel maybe they would be on their very best behavior!

I got the contract today and it states that we have unlimited transfers as long as there are embryos. So we may have to pay for additional donor cycles at 7000 each.

You have already helped so many people! Appreciate you sharing with us all!

By the way...I saw another post where you recommended a lawyer in India to represent IP. I think this is a great idea. Should I have them review the contract too?

Many blessing to you and yours! Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DYI or Agency? Please share your opinions/experiences with this newbie   DYI or Agency?  Please share your opinions/experiences with this newbie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DYI or Agency? Please share your opinions/experiences with this newbie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Surrogacy in India Forum: Pea in an Indian Pod :: Clinics, Hospitals or Agencies in India :: General Process-
Jump to: